California Twin [LightSpeed]
I caught up with Matt Biolos from Lost / Mayhem one day and he was really keen on recreating my favourite SuperTwin model, but adding some modern tweaks and Mayhem flair to create a user-friendly, small wave weapon. The California Twin was the result.
Matt lowered the entry rocker, widened the nose and tail block, and added a couple of inches of width to the overall outline, allowing it to glide across flat sections in average surf.
Standard fin setup is twin fin plus stabiliser.
- Outline: Wider nose and tail, with extra width through the centre
- Rocker: Lower entry rocker
- Concave: Single to double
- Rails: Medium to full rails
- Deck: Flatter deck for extra stability
- Tail: The classic wing-swallow tail shape reduces the tail area to give the board holding power and bite through turns
EPS construction with 4oz + 4oz Innegra (deck) x Flat Weave 6oz (bottom) glassing.
- Ultra-light & lively foam core: Steam molded, high strength-to-weight ratio, fused cell, stringerless EPS foam core.
- Carbon fiber “stringer” (top and bottom): Adds strength and “pop”. The carbon loads up and springs upon release.
- Fused carbon tail: Transfers more direct input into rail and adds strength.
- Innegra infused fibreglass: The “Innegra” dampens vibrations and chatter. A multi weave (6oz lengthwise, woven with 4oz, rail to rail) fiberglass, top and bottom, adds significant break strength.
If you are looking to add a spray to your new MR surfboard, that means that we will need to manufacture the board for you. This means we will be unable to ship your board with artwork the following business day, even if that message displays on the site. See below for extra timeframes;
- MR Surfboard (in-stock): Next business day
- MR Surfboard (made to order plain P.U): 6-8weeks
- Add a spray: Allow an extra 4-5 weeks
- Add a gloss and polish: Allow an extra 6-7 weeks
We offer Free Shipping on all orders over $70. Any order under $70 will incur a $10 shipping fee.
All surfboards come with our Safe Shipping guarantee, to ensure all MR surfboards arrive damage free.
Please click here for more details.